What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formatting Numbers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're experience seems to be different from what I'm seeing when I experiment.

There are two places to change the font.

One, in the Table section. This changes the font for the entire selected table.

Two, in the Cell format section. Only affects the cell.

ChangeFont1.png

In my experiments it was possible to change the font for the entire table using the Table settings. What it would not do is change the relative size. If the text in a cell is larger or smaller than the rest it will retain it's relative size, but the font will change.

To change the size of all fonts at the same time, instead of using the table settings try selecting a column by tapping the bar above the column. Then use the drag handle to expand your selection to all the columns you want to change. In the cell settings change the font size to what you want. You may have to change it to something else, then back to affect all the cells.

ChangeFont2.png

This should also work for changing the font itself and the font color.

Good Luck.

OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To change the size of all fonts at the same time, instead of using the table settings try selecting a column by tapping the bar above the column. Then use the drag handle to expand your selection to all the columns you want to change.
That is exactly the thing I have been trying to do and feel I should be able to do but cannot do!

I have tried several times to expand my selection to more than one column and I agree if I could do that that would solve all my problems. But I haven't found this drag handle as you put it.

But you have given me renewed confidence that there is a way so I shall try again until solve it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally! I have managed to expand the selection over the whole document so I can get everything the same size! Thanks very much.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. I've discovered that sometimes you need to zoom in/or out of a page when trying to use drag handles and such, to make them more visible, or make more of the table visible.

Most reactions

Latest posts