1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Numbers questions

Discussion in 'Official iPadForums.net App Forum' started by Wagnerjp25, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Wagnerjp25

Wagnerjp25 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a fairly new IPad user (from PC land please don't hate me!) I just downloaded Numbers and have run into several problems I can't seem to fix, at least easily.

1) the first thing I did was import an Excel 2000/XP spreadsheet I mailed to myself. I had a column formatted as date like so: 9/16/2011. When the data got into Numbers it appeared in numeric format, 40802 which is believe is the number of days since 1/1/1900. I had to reformat the cells in Numbers, not a big deal, but a bit of a pain especially since Numbers is supposed to import Excel. When I EXPORT a Numbers sheet as .xls the date formatting is preserved. Any comments on this:confused:
  2. Dan Solo

Dan Solo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorting images in Numbers

Does anyone know how to sort images in Numbers. When i sort, it leaves the images in their original order. Thanks for any help.