What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers question

Sam4msu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where column "b" = possible sales and column "c" = captured sales and column "d" will = c/b in a percentage or close rate. I know that in excel the formula is d1=c1/b1 but I cannot get my numbers app to total this for me. Can anyone please help me with formatting this cell to represent a percentage.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where column "b" = possible sales and column "c" = captured sales and column "d" will = c/b in a percentage or close rate. I know that in excel the formula is d1=c1/b1 but I cannot get my numbers app to total this for me. Can anyone please help me with formatting this cell to represent a percentage.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

One of our most prolific posters - who has the answer to everything - twerppoent - I'm sure will be able to answer this - he's on the West Coast (of the US!)..so still asleep...perhaps...welcome...

Tim
Sunny (at the moment) Scotland

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In cell D1, double tap to edit.

Press the = button on the input bar.

Tap cell B1 to put it in.
Tap the (fuck cant actually find the divide character in the iPad keyboard)
Tap cell C1
Press the green check mark

To fill down, one tap and hold on D1 then select Fill.
Drag the yellow bar down as far as you want.

Hope that helps. I'm just staring in on iPad Numbers myself and the fact that I could not manual type cell references threw me. Personally I'm not sure I'm happy with that. Guess I'm kinda old in my ways. Although I can see how in a tap interface just tapping would be almost as easy... What with no mouse movements.

If you really are an old-school formula guy like me perhaps DocumentsToGo may be more to your liking.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sam4msu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that was easy!!! My only other question is how do I make it represent a percentage?? If b=10 and c=5 I would like d to=50%.
thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To format a cell to display percentages.

Tap on the cell to select it. Tap on the info icon (the i in a circle icon top right) and choose Format tab. Choose Percentage from the list and pick the options you want.

Or if you want a really simple but not pretty solution, change your formula to =(c/b)x100.

OP
S

Sam4msu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome...Thanks for the great tips. Is there anywhere online that has a good tutorial for Numbers, Pages and Keynote? I hate to always post my questions here.

Most reactions

Latest posts