For iPad Air users, will you still bother to upgrade when a new iPad is released?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by Ser Aphim, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Will you still bother to upgrade deom an iPad Air whne a new iPad is released?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I am not an owner of an iPad Air, but I managed to get my hands on one. What a wonderful device! I sure wished I had one! It was a really powerful device.

So. The question is, even though the iPad Air is a very powerful device, will you even bother upgrading when a new iPad is release?

For me though, if I had one I would not bother getting one. The iPad Air is a very powerful device. Its more than enough for me.

2. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I won't be upgrading, I love my iPad Air, I just can't see the point in getting the next one.

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Unless there is something really new and useful, I would not, after only one year. For example, when the retina displays came (third Gen iPad, 2nd gen iPad mini), I thought that was enough for me to upgrade even after only 1 year. I don't see what will be on the scene this time that could induce me to upgrade. Yes, more RAM would be nice but I'm not sure it will make much of an impact on day-to-day operations for me. Touch ID would be nice, but I'll get that on the next phone I get in fall, and even though I use my iPad everyday and use a passcode on them, I'm not going to upgrade for that. I might get a full-sized iPad, however (not as an upgrade). If something really unexpected pops up, then I'll re-evaluate and make a decision.

#3 AQ_OC, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  4. Elux72

Elux72
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't upgrade so soon, unless the new Air is going to be light years beyond the first, which is highly unlikely. The current Air does it for me in every way and I've never had a problem with it. I expect it has a lot of service left to provide.

5. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The conventional wisdom used to be buy a model, skip the next one. I'm not sure that's true any more. I'd expect to see huge leaps if I were to update from iPad2 to iPadAir, but having made that move, I'd probably wait for 3 or even 4 new models before I updated again.

6. charlyee

charlyee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I went from iPad 2 to iPad Air and will probably not upgrade for the next couple of years.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

7. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Same here, iPad 2 to Air.....Its more important to me to upgrade my phone more often.

8. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Same with me, I went from an iPad 2 to an Air.....

I'm very happy with my Air and will again skip a few iPads before upgrading again! ;)

9. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    No, my 2012 retina display that I leave at home is still good.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

10. seamaster97

seamaster97
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad 1 > iPad 2 > iPad Mini 1 > iPad Air

In all aspects, my jump to the Air a couple of months back has been a major upgrade. With every new iPad, I always get the fully kitted version - cellular with the highest storage variant. I don't see anything "major" with an upcoming Air. Unless they come up with a 12" version. That would, however, be chained to a coffee table though. I see myself staying with the current Air for at least two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk