What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the 'congrats' - hard to believe where the time has gone - and SO many trips & eats along the way - a pic of us below on our wedding day exactly 44 yrs ago (ceremony in West Orange, NJ - honeymoon, a week in Bermuda) - Dave :)
View attachment 58576
A wonderful picture Dave! And congrats to you both. That venue and food seems just perfect for the occasion. May you have many more of those little dine-outs:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk Pro

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A wonderful picture Dave! And congrats to you both. That venue and food seems just perfect for the occasion. May you have many more of those little dine-outs:)

Thanks Andrew - I cannot believe we use to look that young (both 24 y/o then) - :)

Last night our anniversary dinner @ home - Susan roasted some Cornish Game Hens (kind of a misnomer, i.e. a hybrid chicken about 4-5 weeks old - we love them!) - shared a bottle on New York State sparkling wine (part of our Dr. Frank shipment) - excellent as is (a Blanc de Noir) - Susan added some peach schnapps (so basically a Bellini cocktail) - Dave :)
P1020030.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BOY - nearly a month after the last post here and made by me w/ no LIKES - :eek: ;)

Well tonight, I was the 'grill man'! Quite simple, i.e. salmon seasoned w/ some 'coastal rub' (will provide the recipe for those interested) - grilled on medium heat w/ smoking hickory/apple wood - just needed about 12 minutes w/ the salmon on cedar planks - delicious! Susan sautéed some spinach and added some Costco Italian cheese - wine for me,an Oregon 2010 Pinot Noir (my preference w/ salmon & tuna) - ate on our porch w/ music by Paul Desmond & Jim Hall on my iPod - Dave :)
P1020051.JPG
300492_1_f.jpg

Deck_Porch4.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just came back from a Ski trip in Northern Michigan of which we ate at this quaint restaurant called "Piersens" on the grounds of Boyne Mountain. This is one of the dishes I ordered. Their version of a Greek Salad with a big chunk of feta on top. Quite a presentation and very good too!
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just came back from a Ski trip in Northern Michigan of which we ate at this quaint restaurant called "Piersens" on the grounds of Boyne Mountain. This is one of the dishes I ordered. Their version of a Greek Salad with a big chunk of feta on top. Quite a presentation and very good too! View attachment 63309
It's almost, but not quite, too good to eat.:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The waiter and the bar tender kept calling it "flat" tire...so I wonder if it is a locally brewed beer.

Hey Ski..... - well, I googled 'flat tire beer' and did get some hits! I love trying local microbrews - we have about a hundred breweries/brewpubs in North Carolina (and expanding)! Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new brewery that is opening tomorrow called Rochester Tap in our area. I think we are going to go and check it out. Looking forward to the grand opening! :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I are taking our first vacation of the new year - we are in southern Florida east coast (specifically the Ft. Lauderdale area above Miami Beach) - left Saturday morning in the rain and 45 degrees F. - arrived in FL in the sun and low 80s - WOW!

Last night we ate @ our hotel for convenience but the dinner was great - started by sharing a dozen oysters on the half shell. We both ordered the 'catch of the day'; Susan had the grouper w/ a grit cake; I had the whole headless snapper which was butterflied w/ the bones removed over a wonderful risotto - split a dessert, i.e. keylime pie (their version) w/ a scoop of ice cream that was like vanilla but w/ some additional flavorings (made 'in house'). Dave

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Susan & I are taking our first vacation of the new year - we are in southern Florida east coast (specifically the Ft. Lauderdale area above Miami Beach) - left Saturday morning in the rain and 45 degrees F. - arrived in FL in the sun and low 80s - WOW!

Last night we ate @ our hotel for convenience but the dinner was great - started by sharing a dozen oysters on the half shell. We both ordered the 'catch of the day'; Susan had the grouper w/ a grit cake; I had the whole headless snapper which was butterflied w/ the bones removed over a wonderful risotto - split a dessert, i.e. keylime pie (their version) w/ a scoop of ice cream that was like vanilla but w/ some additional flavorings (made 'in house'). Dave
Mouthwatering stuff (gotta keep reminding myself to read your food posts after dinner Dave:D) What a great way to escape winter for a while!
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts