What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't want to dish out the $5 for Skyfire, there's a "video only" version of Skyfire called "Skyfire videoQ" for $2 . Basically you browse in Safari and whenever you hit a Flash video you send the link into SkyFire VideoQ . That will give you a good indication of what Skyfire can and can't do....and is essentially what Skyfire does anyway. Advantage is, you can stay in Safari for most of your browsing needs (and i like Safari for the most part)

anyway as others mentioned, the best flash browsers [without remote desktopping to your own pc] i've found so far is

1. iSwifter [Plays anything, videos and flash applications]

2. Photon & Puffin (they're very much the same to me in terms of compatibility for me)

3. Skyfire & Skyfire VideoQ [videos only]

Now i must add, i've had the most success with Skyfire when it comes to playing videos. Yes, you wait like 20 seconds for a video to start, but the FPS and Sound is solid. Photon/Puffin on the other hand, videos are slow and choppy (especially higher quality clips) . iSwifter which seems to handle most flash sites have sound quality issues on my end (poor sound quality) , if i could fix the sound it will be perfect.

So right now , i use iSwifter for sites that have flash games or flash applications (like booking a movie ticket within a flash website) . Skyfire seems to the good for simply playing a video.

Last edited:

shihab5z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aha ok, thanx for the advise, I think I will go ahead with the sky fire video Q, btw I downloaded the iswifter app, it works fine but it is very laagy and slow, is that with me only or u are facing the same problem

cocod2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for your responses :)
which one would you consider the best
and could you post me a link
i dont want to pay for this monthly either..
would this let me play the games on facebook which require adobe flash
for the one from cloud should i get that one
do i go to itunes apps for it
thank you

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop has a lite version that you can try for free.

Look it up on the Appstore.

ellevxoxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash player

Hiya im new to ipads so i normall stream tv shows online but for some reason i cant download flash player on me ipad. Why is that? And what should i do? Help! X

Nav_stranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ellevxoxo said:
Hiya im new to ipads so i normall stream tv shows online but for some reason i cant download flash player on me ipad. Why is that? And what should i do? Help! X

There is no flash released for iPad...iPad don't support flash

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ellevxoxo said:

Flash doesn't exist on the iPad. This is why we read up on what we intend to purchase... ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ellevxoxo said:

Flash doesn't exist on the iPad. This is why we read up on what we intend to purchase... ;)

This is sad but true. Always do your research before purchasing.;)

ryanc11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to download flash player for iPad 2

Does anyone know how to get flash player for iPad 2

Rick57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash! UGH!

I know the answer, but Steve needs to stop this feud with a
adobe and let us have flash. I love my iPad, but no flash is making me look at other platforms.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll find plenty of existing threads on this topic, so have a look at other Member's views.

As there's so many existing threads on the iPad and Flash.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know the answer, but Steve needs to stop this feud with a
adobe and let us have flash. I love my iPad, but no flash is making me look at other platforms.

The feud will never end.....I haven't a need for flash in months....and if I ABSOLUTELY needed to use it then splashtop is what I use.

Jay Marvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash Player?

Some sites need for Flash player. But IPad can't handle it. Now what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts