What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subsitute for flash

OP
O

one_piece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean, i should use windows at my ipad if i want use application which required flash? It's confuse for me

Coolballs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try frash in cydia you need to add a source called woowiz google it for the complete address... It is still a working project...

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad isn't jailbraked. Bought it with 3.2.2 and isn't backed-up for 3.2.1 on Cydia. So I'm waiting for a 3.2.2 jailbrake or for the new release of iOS 4+the jailbrake for it.

Last edited:

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot view flash on the iPad....

Actually, yes you can, a number of different ways.

The worst way, so far, is to jailbreak and use the Frash software. This is alpha software, doesn't work with video yet, and I can't recommend it.

Another option is the free Cloud Browse app in the App Store. This basically runs a version of Firefox on their server, and allows you to view Flash web sites. A big plus is that the heavy lifting is on their server, so your battery isn't getting killed. The down side is that the server is sometimes busy. There is a premium plan for priority access, but I can't justify $10 a month. There is going to be another similar browser called something like Skyfire, but it isn't in the App Store yet.

The way I use is to simply leave my Macbook on at home running a browser, and use a VNC program to run the browser when I need Flash. I use Remote Tap for this, but there are plenty of VNC programs, including some free ones.

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The worst way, so far, is to jailbreak and use the Frash software. This is alpha software, doesn't work with video yet, and I can't recommend it.

Another option is the free Cloud Browse app in the App Store. This basically runs a version of Firefox on their server, and allows you to view Flash web sites. A big plus is that the heavy lifting is on their server, so your battery isn't getting killed. The down side is that the server is sometimes busy. There is a premium plan for priority access, but I can't justify $10 a month. There is going to be another similar browser called something like Skyfire, but it isn't in the App Store yet.

The way I use is to simply leave my Macbook on at home running a browser, and use a VNC program to run the browser when I need Flash. I use Remote Tap for this, but there are plenty of VNC programs, including some free ones.

cloud browse is not available at app store,i searched for it already, and I'm using 3.2.2 iOs. there isn't jailbreak for it, because it was't previously signed at cydia. Vnc and other similar remote desktop programs are not an option, I want to be able to run flash without having to connect to my home PC...

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score

cloud browse is not available at app store,i searched for it already, and I'm using 3.2.2 iOs. there isn't jailbreak for it, because it was't previously signed at cydia. Vnc and other similar remote desktop programs are not an option, I want to be able to run flash without having to connect to my home PC...

Cloud Browse is in the US App Store here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-browse/id346618309?mt=8 I don't know if the link will work in other countries or if a proxy can be used to get around it if not.

ChochoD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not working for me, because I'm in the EU appshop... Tried with an external link , but it's not working too...

Most reactions

Latest posts