First impression, well....underwhelmed

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by pixelpeeper, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Daylife

Daylife
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    True.

But I could never go back to an iPad 2 ever again after using this sexy beast lol :p

2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    That's funny and probably true of many people.

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I'm also glad to see that iPad 2 is available for less money, so more people will have access. I'd like to see tablets become really common. I never like attracting attention with my gadgets, and I figure if they become more common, they won't draw attention and will maybe be less likely to attract criminal types.

4. PolkSDA

PolkSDA
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think that a lot of it depends on what you're upgrading from. I skipped Gen 2, so upgrading from Gen 1 to Gen 3 encompasses all sorts of improvements. Any perceived downside to thickness and weight is a nonissue to me, as they both are improvements over Gen 1.

Different people have different thresholds of perception, so to some people the 4-fold increase in resolution jumps off the screen, but to others its not even perceptible. It's the same as with HDTV. Ever since I went 1080i/p about 5 years ago, I cannot watch SD TV, as it looks like a blocky mess, but others don't see (or don't care about) the difference. My mother is one to whom analog SD TV on a 32" tube is just as good as HD. *shudder*

Me? I got a 32GB Wifi on Friday and my Gen 1 64GB has already been listed on Craigslist... :)

5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I see the screen diff between my iPhone 4S and iPads 1 and 2. Just not a big deal to me.

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Gosh...I hope my iPhone 4S doesn't turn yellowish. I would not like that at all.

7. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    My iPhone 4S screen is white (didn't mention earlier because I was focusing on iPads). It's not a matter of turning yellow; some screens just start off yellowish and stay that way. For someone who prefers true white, that probably would be an issue. Otherwise, not so much.

#27 Kaykaykay, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  8. Lunar

Lunar
    Expand Collapse

Good sensible opinion, and one I would definately agree with. My wife is now loving my Ipad1 and I'm sure she'll be getting much use & fun from it in 1 or 2 years or more from now. I personally wouldn't have bought a iPad3 had I not wanted a 2nd iPad, same as I won't be buying a iPad4 if this 3 is still serving me well... certainly not just for the sake of owning latest toy. Already lost a fortune doing that with my cars...lol

9. Spryfly

Spryfly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just posted about my yellow-tinged ipad 3 screen. Greens and red look great, but my blues are green tinged and my tans all look yellow. There is an article on 'gomobile' called 'my ipad screen has jaundice' which is everything I'm experiencing. I think the other posters are correct in that we have to take em back, apparently not everyone is experiencing this problem. I am terrified to let go of my ipad 2 now (and it has a new owner I want to get it into the hands of...) because I feel I'll lose some perspective. I guess I will go by the store Monday. I will certainly report back any news, etc.

10. KenJr

KenJr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ah, found the answer .. As it turns out, pushing the Apple Bluetooth keyboard eject key (top far right) results in the virtual keyboard with microphone symbol appearing, thus allowing the choice of dictation, using the virtual keyboard, or using the Apple Bluetooth keyboard - you can switch back and forth between the three anytime you wish.