1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Finger motions on iPad 3 ver 4.3.4

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Chiocciman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Chiocciman

Chiocciman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to iPad and am learning all the time. I have read articles that say that version 4.3 is supposed to close a program with a five finger pinching motion and that you can change from app to app by sweeping a 5 finger motion. My new iPad 4.3.4 will not do this and that would be so much faster than looking for the button in the dark, haha. Can anyone help? I heard that 4.3.5 is out.
    Thanks
    chuck
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754 / 0
    Technically, multigestures are not available on the iPad right now. They will come with iOS 5 in the fall.

However, the code is written into iOS version 4.3.x and people have had success in activating that code.

One of our members (thanks again, richsadams!) created this definitive thread for enabling the multigestures on the iPad. Take a look here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...abling-secret-multitasking-gestures-ipad.html

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
  3. Chiocciman

Chiocciman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Marilyn. I may not tackle it since I down't own a Mac, but good to know it will be coming out. It's a great tool.
    Chuck