What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fedex hell!

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Package picked up Mar 21, 2011 6:24 PM in Shenzen, China. Now March 23rd and my package is still at origin (Shenzen) where I am told it is stuck in customs. I am very unhappy with the service and am souring on Apple (first experience and a bad one). Delivery date estimate of 3/25/2011, but that won't happen. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, my unit sat there from Saturday to Monday evening. The estimated del time was today and they did it. Got it at noon today. Just be patient and it will get there on time.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to be patient ok Apple builds to order the hold up is nothing to do with Apple as customs can delay any shipment Apple carries minimum inventory in any country and that is regardless what you purchase. Fed ex will move it very fast once cleared

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet it will arrive on schedule. It's amazing what FedEx can do in a short period of time once the pkg gets going. Keep the faith!

OP
P

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a false alarm it is still in China at 7pm EST. No way it comes on the Estimated date.

Shame on Apple for not giving people the option of expedited shipping (for us to pay for). This was not a good first experience with Apple, and I already know FedEx can be pure garbage. Next time I will go Android (as I have with my phone).

greygoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude, chill out. You'll get it. Fedex is probably waiting for a plane load. They could get it by Friday with no problems.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone on the IPad2 tracker site talked to a Fed EX rep about the delays in China. He said that they had suspended entering tracking info in China and he even called the office in China to confirm this fact. He said that deliveries would be on time even if the item appeared to be stalled in China. So...bear with them! Mine appeared to sit there 2 days also but has already left Anchorage.

OP
P

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mark, no. I called their international package department and they told me the batch my item is in has not left China yet. Frikkin Apple wouldn't let me do an express delivery at my own express. Now my package is coming next week. Rubbish!:mad:

Jrobmcclure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have fun dealing with "any" android tablet, I would have waited months for my IPad, remember that you are lucky to even have a ship date, so many people are having to wait to ship greater that 4-5 weeks.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mark, no. I called their international package department and they told me the batch my item is in has not left China yet. Frikkin Apple wouldn't let me do an express delivery at my own express. Now my package is coming next week. Rubbish!:mad:

Take a chill pill! Seriously! Nothing in life is guaranteed and this is just another example. Patience is a virtue. Just be glad you are able to order and get the ipad2. If u wanted it so soon you should have stood in the long lines for hours like others did who just couldn't wait.
Stop acting like a child throwing a tantrum. If this experience has made u that mad, just return ur ipad2 and get the b.s, android tablets that are out now n I promise you, you'd be crying even more then.,,lmao. A day or two late, come on now, you ain't gonna die without having the IpAd2 on scheduled delivery date. Geez..lol. Just saying.

OP
P

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a good customer experience. Sorry but when I am spending nearly $1k I expect good service. This case it was pure crap. You guys don't like the message? Don't click the link.

OP
P

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My attitude? If they don't like what I am saying then they don't have to click on my link. It is a free country, they can do what they want. There is no "attitude" in that fyi.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My attitude? If they don't like what I am saying then they don't have to click on my link. It is a free country, they can do what they want. There is no "attitude" in that fyi.

Be careful. This is not a "free forum". It is a privately owned site ~ you do not have freedom of speech here.

You post something public ~ folks have a right to comment ~ I don't think they were being rude ~ just telling you to chill and that patience is a virtue.

Trust me ~

I don't have patience either!

Most reactions

Latest posts