What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rupert Grint always wanted to become an ice cream man, that's why he bought a Bedford van. Now he drives around in villages and gives ice cream an lollies to children for free.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nope not $1. Herbert Hoover and George Washington, refused to take the salary, but on being told it would lead to bad chain reactions, took it and then finally donated it to charity, but I'm talking about presidents who are currently alive.
Oh I didn't know you were talking about the present, sorry ab’s!
I'm going to mention some old one's!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A number of top executives in large businesses and governments have worked for an annual salary of one United States dollar.[1][2][3]

Dollar-a-year menEdit
The "Dollar-a-year men" were business and government executives who helped the government mobilize and manage American industry during periods of war, especially World War I, World War II, and the Korean War. U.S. law forbids the government from accepting the services of unpaid volunteers.[4] Those employed by the government had to be paid a nominal salary, and the salary establishes their legal relationship as employees of the government.[5] For example, Massachusetts Governor Alvan T. Fuller, wealthy in his own right, served in several government positions on such terms.[6]During World War II, socialite Doris Duke worked in a canteen for U.S. sailors in Egypt at such a salary.[7]

In Canada during World War II, C. D. Howe, Canada's "Minister of Everything", created a rearmament program using "dollar-a-year men".[8] An example was John Wilson McConnell, the owner and publisher of the Montreal Star, who was appointed Director of Licences for the Wartime Trade Board, a position for which he served for free.[9]

Some recent one-dollar salary earners worked in government as well, such as former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger,[10] former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney,[11] former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Bloomberg's older daughter Emma who has also worked for the city.[12]
There was also a movie made in 1921 called " The One Dollar Man "
Who knew?my

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Aztecs believed to be living in the fifth world. The fourth was destroyed by flood, the third by fire, the second by hurricanes and the first when the jaguars ate everybody.

So I'm guessing that the end of the fifth world is by an earthquake?

The first world apocalypse though. That's funny.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Venezuela, there's a phenomenon called Catatumbo Lightning (frequent powerful flashes of lightning). It occurs over the mouth of Catatumbo River, where it empties into Lake Maracaibo.
It happens during 140 to 160 nights a year, 10 hours per day and up to 280 times per hour.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Africa has more French speaking people than whole of Europe, though there is some difference in the language, thus, its called African French.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A teetotal man suffers from auto-brewery syndrome, where everything he eats will be turned into pure ethanol, that is absorbed into the bloodstream, making him drunk.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Penguins are the only birds that can swim but not fly. They are also the only birds who can walk upright.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a funny fact (at least for me): I was offline and online at the same time.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Oh!! Is it possible there are two Johannas?:eek:
LOL actually that happened to me today. Strange thato_O
Andrew
Two me's? Impossible! I'm unique! ;)

Did you also notice when using the website, that your post count stays the same at the top (here):
image.jpg

and every other post, while your new post shows the updated number? That's funny! :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts