What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen those mentioned too.
I couldn't find anything that proved that they exist, that's why I didn't add them.
I found a mention in the Wikipedia article on radar detectors. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A man called Dobri Dimitrov Dobrev walks several kilometers every day to collect money for charitable causes. He turned 100 yesterday (July 20).

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tongues doesn't actually have regions for every taste. You can taste all the different kinds of tastes in any region of the tongue.

Your fingers don't actually wrinkle because they absorbed water, it wrinkles because the brains tells to do so and we don't know why.

In Saturn and Jupiter, it rains diamonds. Yes, diamonds.

In Death Valley, rocks slide through the surface, which changes direction and no one knows why.

The universe isn't made out only of atoms, it is made out of dark matter and dark energy, which is not much known about.

If we are to remove all the spaces of the matter in the earth, it would be the size of a tennis ball, and if earth was in a size of a tennis ball it would collapse and turn to a black hole.

There is a planet light years away from earth that is covered with burning ice.

The earth and other planets isn't actually orbiting the sun, it is orbiting the central mass of the solar system. If we are to shift the sun it would look like we are orbiting
nothing.

Chameleons don't change color to adapt to their environment, they do it to communicate.

There is no such thing as a banana tree, it's actually a banana plant.

A ducks quack does actually echo.

Sugar rush is a myth.

Vikings didn't have horns in their helmet.

Chewing gum doesn't last 7 years to digest, it actually doesn't digest at all.

Bats aren't really blind.

Black holes can be used for time travel to the future, thus allowing us to time travel, but time traveling to the past is not yet possible. The reason behind this is that black holes distorts space and time.

If you are sucked by a black hole, you die a horrible death by being stretched.

Black holes can actually evaporate. While scientist says nothing can escape a black hole, radiation does, and once all the radiation escaped the black hole is a goner.

Black holes can tell us how many stars there was in the past.

Black holes isn't actually a theory made by Einstein, it was a theory made by a scientist in the 17th century, Einstein just revived it.

I haven't been posting some facts a long time now so I made a long post post about facts.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's salt made from human tears available for purchase. It comes in different flavors, such as

- made from tears of anger
- made from tears shed while sneezing
- made from tears shed while chopping onions

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When MTV debuted on August 1st, 1981, the first music video ever played was " Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles.

Most reactions

Latest posts