What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Resetting IPad 4

P

Peterbruno81ca

I have an IPad 4 which my friend has handed down to me. The IPad he gave to me has over a hundred different apps on it which I don't want. So I was thinking of doing a Factory Reset on it so it would be like new. My question is : If I factory reset the IPad and CREATED A NEW APPLE ID, what apps would come pre installed once everything is done ?

Thanks for your time and your response.

Take care.

Peter

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an IPad 4 which my friend has handed down to me. The IPad he gave to me has over a hundred different apps on it which I don't want. So I was thinking of doing a Factory Reset on it so it would be like new. My question is : If I factory reset the IPad and CREATED A NEW APPLE ID, what apps would come pre installed once everything is done ? Thanks for your time and your response. Take care. Peter
Hi, Peter! Welcome to iPF!

If you perform a factory reset, your friend needs to delete his iCloud account, if it's set up on his old/your new device or remove the iPad from iCloud, or else you can't use it any more.

To answer your question: the apps that come with an iPad are Safari, App Store, Music, Photos, Camera, Game Center, Videos, Settings, Calendar, Notes, Mail, Reminders, Maps, Clock, Newsstand, FaceTime, iMessages and iTunes Store. I hope I didn't forget one of them. These are apps that can't be removed from the device.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The complete list is;
Messages,
Photo Booth,
Photos,
Camera,
Maps,
Clock,
Calendar,
Contacts,
Notes,
Reminders,
Newsstand,
Game Centre,
iTunes Store,
App Store,
Settings,
FaceTime,
Safari,
Mail,
Videos,
Music.

Last edited:
OP
P

Peterbruno81ca

Hi J.A. Thanks for your response. My friend has handed down to me his ID and password. So if I delete his icloud account, formatted the IPad to factory setting, plus created my OWN APPLE ID, can I still get the preinstalled apps ?  Or would the IPad be totally empty with no apps what so ever ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi J.A. Thanks for your response. My friend has handed down to me his ID and password. So if I delete his icloud account, formatted the IPad to factory setting, plus created my OWN APPLE ID, can I still get the preinstalled apps ? Or would the IPad be totally empty with no apps what so ever ?
You will have the preinstalled apps (see the complete list in scifan's post).

Last edited:
OP
P

Peterbruno81ca

Sorry J.A. I hate to bother you again. But when I said format my IPad to factory settings and create my own apple ID. I also meant password as well. So if I formatted everything plus created a new apple ID and password. I assume I will still get the same preinstalled apps that Scifan listed in his post. Right ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry J.A. I hate to bother you again. But when I said format my IPad to factory settings and create my own apple ID. I also meant password as well. So if I formatted everything plus created a new apple ID and password. I assume I will still get the same preinstalled apps that Scifan listed in his post. Right ?
That's right. :)
They will be there again when you set it up as your device, but without your friend's content.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts