What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 4, 64GB WiFi freezes and resets since iOS 7.X updates...

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Within a day of upgrading to iOS 7, my Ipad started having almost daily freezes/spontaneous reboots. Mostly, I will be in the middle of anything from streaming music to typing in a blog, or an email, when my device will freeze and/or just spontaneously hard reset itself. I have had a few instances where the device freezes on a screen and won't budge and I have to do a hard reset manually, but, most of the time it will just happen. Just a short while ago, I was listening to Tune In, and hit my home button to go to another app and it immediately did a hard reset (with the black screen and the white Apple logo). I have updated to 7.03 and 7.04 and this has not helped.

I am trying to NOT do a factory reset because I know the device saves diagnostics that will be deleted. Should I be making an Apple store appointment to have the diagnostics read? If so, I assume the first step afterwards would be a factory reset and reinstall of all apps fesh (not from backup).

I'm not impatient, but, this is not like when I upgraded my iPad 1 to iOS 5 and the device really wasn't suited for that OS level. This is an iPad 4. It's barely a level back from the latest and greatest, and should have NO problems.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

jjissac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my 3rd replacement Ipad and I am still getting it. The diagnostics show low memory and PanicP crash on my device.
Looks like I need to make another trip to the Apple store again.

OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my 3rd replacement Ipad and I am still getting it. The diagnostics show low memory and PanicP crash on my device. Looks like I need to make another trip to the Apple store again.

So, they just keep replacing your iPad and you keep having the same issues? Why not just tell Apple there is a known problem with IOS 7 and the iPad4? It has more than enough memory to and processing power to handle IOS 7.

OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my 3rd replacement Ipad and I am still getting it. The diagnostics show low memory and PanicP crash on my device. Looks like I need to make another trip to the Apple store again.
I have a friend who develops apps for his company who said... 1) back it up 2)) reset network settings (a known issue with iOS 7 apparently is that you need to reset the network settings) 3) IF this doesn't solve the problem, do a factory reset and restore NOT from backup I did the first two and now I'm fine. No spontaneous reboots, no freezes etc. and the diagnostics are clear (I had the same diagnostic readings you did before).

jjissac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you take it to the Apple store they will check the diagnostic screen and see all the PanicP messages. Most of the time they will just replace it, if it's still under warranty. I would recommend backing up your data before taking it to Apple.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you reset the network settings? Thanks in Advance
Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will not lose any data with this procedure but you will have to log in again for any sites that normally remember you.

jjissac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will not lose any data with this procedure but you will have to log in again for any sites that normally remember you.

Thank you. I have just reset the network settings and will see if I get a crash.

OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I have just reset the network settings and will see if I get a crash.

I got a few, but I'm waiting for its 7.1 which is in beta to see if it solves my problem. I fear it's just an issue of how the current os version plays with the ipad 4.

phonegeek1998

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have only had my iPad reset maybe 2 times both was I tunes radio my iPod resets all the time.

pousi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem . It happened suddenly while playing a game it freezes and showed a blue screen an restarted by it self and when I used it again it happened again many times until once it didn't reboot an I had to do it myself . I tried everything I reset to factory settings and downloaded the software again ,nothing . I reset all settings also nothing the problem still exist . I had a few restart since iOS 7 but never with a blue screen and not with this no. Of crashes , now I can't do anything on my iPad . Any help

Most reactions

Latest posts