What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory default

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad Air 2, and was able to transfer everything from my iPad 4 to the iPad Air, now I want to give my iPad 4 to my daughter, so I want to put it to factory default, I checked it out, is it that easy to do? Is there anything that could go wrong?

Thanks
Lorraine

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't remove it from your iCloud ID, she won't be able to activate and use it.

Go to Settings - iCloud - Find my iPad and disable it. You'll have to enter your iCloud ID's password. That done, go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. After erasing, she'll be able to set it up with her information.

Hope that helps.

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi J.A.,

Thanks, I disabled - find my iPad.

When I do the Erase, it won't ask me for a password will it? sorry, but I had so much problems with my computer, and passwords, and lights going ou after a storm, and not being able to get on my computer with out a password even though I never

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assigned one. Now it's in the shop being fixed

Sorry click on the wrong thing

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you erase, it might ask for your iCloud ID password.
After erasing, it will be set back to factory settings, with no ID or information saved to it.

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again, J.A.

This past week has been a bummer for me, I don't think I want to enter another password or passcode again. Well it asked me for a passcode, I entered it, and said it was a failed passcode, and wanted a restricted passcode and came up with numbers---WHAT!!!! I never set a passcode with numbers. The first passcode was correct. I than remember when I called Geek Squad, to try and get on my computer , he told me to try 1234, he said that worked most of the time, well it didn't work for the computer, but guess what?, it did on the iPad, OH!! happy days, it's set up to factory default.

Now will wait for my daughter, to set it up for herself, she doesn't know I'm giving it to her.

Thanks again
Lorraine

Most reactions

Latest posts