What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought the iPad Air 2. I backed up everything from my iPad 4, to the new iPad, everything seems to work pretty good, except my email, it says my password or username is incorrect, I'm pretty sure I have the correct password, because I have it on file.

I can get email from my computer, and iPad 4. Do you think I should delete account on the new iPad, and readd it, and see if that will work? I hate to have to change the password.

Thanks for your help,
Lorraine

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Lorraine - you can delete the account on the new iPad, and then when setup again, use your present password since you want to retrieve the mail from that account - give that a try and let us know. Dave :)

P.S. if still a problem, I'm assuming you have the most recent iOS installed, but you might want to provide us w/ your mail provider, such as Yahoo, Gmail or others.

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank Dave, I'll delete the account, and see how it goes. Everything was updated.

My provider is Comcast.

And thanks again.

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I deleted the account, but when I try to put in a new password, it timed out before I even got the email code, so I called Comcast, well that was something alse, I couldn't understand what he was saying, so I told him I would have to call back another time.

I have ringing in my ears, so anyone with a heavy accent is hard to understand, so going to try again tomorrow.

Will let you know how it goes.

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!! Finally got it working, I did a chat instead of a phone call, and it worked out fine, now I can get email on both iPads and computer. Boy! hope I don't have to go through this again.

The computer is slow getting the emails, but it is working.

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you've finally got your email working again. Thanks for letting us know. What was the problem that was preventing you from setting up the email account?

OP
L

LF from MC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, I messed up, I was putting Outlook in "Description" instead of Comcast., than for some reason, after getting everything set up, it would time out before getting the code. Don't know what causes that.

Than when I called Comcast, I couldn't understand what the person was trying to tell me what to do, and I was getting so frustrated, so I told him I'll have to call back, so after an hour or so, I went back, and instead of calling, I did a chat, and that worked out fine.

Got the computer set up, and had a couple hiccups with the iPad, but a couple tries, and now it's all working out.

So I guess most of the problem was me, now I'm all relaxed, and happy.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Lorraine - glad that you worked out the email issue - can certainly be frustrating at times - I often use 'chat' options (usually related to my non-Apple electronics), so obviously a good choice for you this time. Keep in touch w/ us - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts