What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime

Weelizziemad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I have had problems connecting to FaceTime. Both I pads are on and running but it keeps saying connection lost before we even get connected! Any ideas or contributions?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There have apparently been problems with iMessage across North America and Europe.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/25/3555482/apple-imessage-down-ios-users-unable-send-messages

As the iMessage and FaceTime services are linked, this may explain the problem. I have just sent an iMessage from Canada to Australia. It appeared to go but I'm waiting for a reply so I can see for sure.

If you have previously used FaceTime successfully, my advice would be to ride out the storm, and don't be tempted to change any settings that have been known to work. This could simply give you longer term problems if, indeed, there are issues with the service.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts