What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

facetime not connecting??

mikeysdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son has a Ipad Mini that is his and I believe a Ipad 3 from school. Both are connecting to my wifi but neither will connect to facetime. Last time he was able to connect was last Friday(25th).
The school Ipad will not connect at school either. I'm not educated enough on ipads to know what the problem may be.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Chuck

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPads are on iOS 6, then FaceTime and iMessages are broken. The only options are to wait for Apple to fix the service for iOS 6, or upgrade to iOS 7.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then my recommendation is to go to the settings for FaceTime and Messages on each iPad, sign completely out of his accounts, wait several minutes (to make sure the servers do their thing), then sign back in.

A restart in between wouldn't hurt.

In my experience this fixes most problems with FaceTime and iMessages.

Good luck.

If this is only occurring at school, or only continues to happen at school, I'd talk to the school's IT people. It's possible they've blocked the services in order to discourage their use on school property. They'll have their reasoning, I'm sure, not that the kids are likely to agree with them. Or many parents, though probably for different reasons.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Most reactions