What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime the the current iPad

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thoughts on Facetime the the current iPad

I am no programmer, so remember, what I ask is out of programming interest. But, I have this idea, so that is where my hope, and question, comes from.

Here are just a few thoughts...

iOS 4.2.1 from the iPhone 4 has Facetime.

The iPad has 4.2.1. Is the Facetime software lurking on the iPad somewhere?

The iPad will accept input from a camera with the camera connection kit.

The kit has a usb port, correct?

I'm assuming a usb webcam could be plugged into that port...?

If saurik could the make the iPhone 3G become a camcorder with cycorder, it stands to reason some innovative young fellow or lass could make the iPad with 4.2.1 & Facetime with the properly attached hardware. Or maybe make Skype video work.....?

Just a few thoughts I'd LOVE to see someone tackle and solve. And you might not even have to jailbreak to do this IF Apple puts it's head on straight.

Hal

OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been done (minus facetime) figured that's why Apple decided to put a camera in second version.

Webcam For iPad

I still think there outta be a way to use a standard webcam & an app. I'm sure the price on this will be stupid. You can pick up a webcam cheap. And I still think the appropriate software is already on board the iPad. Just needs to be accessed via an app.

Dang, wish I was a coder.... :mad:

Most reactions