What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Releases Version 8.0 of its app for iPad and iPhone Users

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
facebook-ios.jpeg

Facebook has recently released on the iTunes Store the eight iteration of its popular iOS application for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. The app now comes with a size of 62.6 MB and despite the fact that iOS 7 is the norm now, it can be installed also on iOS 6 devices. Version 8.0 brings the following changes and improvements:

• A simple way to see and choose a photo album’s audience
  • An updated design that makes it easier to post and share on iPad
  • Improvements for reliability and speed
Just as before, you can use the iOS version of Facebook to see what friends are up to, share updates, photos and videos, get notified when friends like and comment on your posts, text, chat and have group conversations and also play games and use your favorite apps. However, the are some frustrated iPad users which are complaining:

This used to be a good app, and Facebook could be used as effectively on an iPad as it could on a PC. But it just gets worse with every update! I have a brand new iPad Air, which is fast, and yet loading and viewing photos is a nightmare. And why, when I load (say) an album of 20 photos does this app decide just to show 12 of them! And why on earth can’t we look at status posts IN TIME ORDER. If you read a book, you read it in page order. A diary has one day after another. Why is this such a difficult concept for Facebook? Probably like most users, I do not want fancy enhancements that I will hardly ever use: I just want to be able to use the basics. So come on, developers, just get the simple things to work properly, and forget the whistles and bells!

After all, that’s why there are so many updates rolling one after another – to make sure that glitches and bugs are getting fixed, so maybe the upcoming version will make Facebook even better for iOS users.

Source: iPhoneForums

Most reactions

Latest posts