What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FACEBOOK BUG

thomas wadie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iapd mini and i have got ios 8.4 the facebook app become look like latest update view (the notifications and message bar at the botton of timelin) ,then sudenly its be come look like brevious look (notfications and message bar at top of app) and become very slow when i surf the time line and while showing notification.. i thoght its normal facebook bug and it will be solving at next update. but my brother have ipad air2 and same os and facebook app ver 34 and his facebook app view look like new update normaly. but when i login my facebook account from his ipad air 2 its become look like old view and ipad air2 become very slow while showing notification

when my brother login facebook from my ipad mini facebook app become look like new update and become fast when im login my facebook account from my ipad its turn to the old view and become very slow

there are tow snapshot from my ipad mini to my fb account and my brother fb acc views

icant guess what happend or what is it?
thnx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the five other posts you made on this same topic. Besides fracturing any resulting conversations, making them hard to follow, duplicate posting is against our rules.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like it might be a problem with your Facebook account rather than the app itself. Maybe something on your timeline that's taking a long time to load, like one of those annoying self playing videos (which can be disabled in your FaceBook settings).

Check by logging into you FaceBook account via Safari (the web site) instead of the app, and see how that behaves.

You might try contacting FaceBook's tech support as well.

Mapster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iapd mini and i have got ios 8.4 the facebook app become look like latest update view (the notifications and message bar at the botton of timelin) ,then sudenly its be come look like brevious look (notfications and message bar at top of app) and become very slow when i surf the time line and while showing notification.. i thoght its normal facebook bug and it will be solving at next update. but my brother have ipad air2 and same os and facebook app ver 34 and his facebook app view look like new update normaly. but when i login my facebook account from his ipad air 2 its become look like old view and ipad air2 become very slow while showing notification

when my brother login facebook from my ipad mini facebook app become look like new update and become fast when im login my facebook account from my ipad its turn to the old view and become very slow

there are tow snapshot from my ipad mini to my fb account and my brother fb acc views

icant guess what happend or what is it?
thnx

I am having the same problem on an iPad Air 2. I appear to have the latest version but the display has never altered. I have tried logging out, deleting the app, resetting the iPad but nothing seems to give me the new display.

Since upgrading to IOS 9 a couple of days ago the App now crashes every time I try to change the Newsfeed to Recent.

I have reported a problem through the App.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem on an iPad Air 2. I appear to have the latest version but the display has never altered. I have tried logging out, deleting the app, resetting the iPad but nothing seems to give me the new display.

Since upgrading to IOS 9 a couple of days ago the App now crashes every time I try to change the Newsfeed to Recent.

Have you tried going to your Facebook account through the website instead of the app, as twerppoet mentioned in his post, just above yours?

Mapster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have.

And I forgot to mention that the app is working fine on my iPhone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

First, the secondary issue your brought up:

iOS 9 is a beta. This means that no third party app, including FaceBook, can submit updates to fix any issues their app may have with iOS 9 beta. That is the risk of installing a beta. You should never install a beta (public or otherwise) on a computer or device that absolutely must work.

Still, I'm sure the FaceBook crew is happy to have the feedback so that they can have their app as ready as possible for when iOS 9 is released. And if you left Apple feedback, well, that is why they release betas. So other people can find problems, and report them.

The benefit in participating in a beta is you get to see some new stuff before most others. The price you pay is testing the OS for bugs, for free. :)

Second, the original issue:

As far as FaceBooks new display, for those that are not on iOS 9, I seem remember reading that FaceBook is rolling this out in waves. In other words, not everyone is going to get it at the same time. Since you can't do that through the app store I have to assume this is something they can do from their servers. That also means it's possible for them roll back the change for users if they have problems, or that they might have problems with only specific users.

Reporting it to FaceBook, as you have done, is about all you can do. If it is server software related, there is nothing you can do on the iPad that will fix the problem, or speed up the interface change on your end. Deleting and re-installing the app 'might' clear out old data and fix things, or speed them up, but it's just as likely to do nothing useful at all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just noticed that the display update is now present on my iPad. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a few days ago. Since the last FaceBook update from the App Store was over 10 days ago I'm feeling a bit more confident in my explanation/analysis of what is going on.

Holding in mind that since I don't actually work at FaceBook or Apple almost anything I say about what they are doing that can't be found in an official announcement is at least partly speculation.

Most reactions

Latest posts