What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook and You Tube sound loss.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iOS7 iPad4 and use Facebook to catchup with engineer friends who tend to post links out to a YouTube video. There has never been any problem but in the last 4 days all linking to a YouTube through Facebook 100% ensures NO SOUND as the video plays down. I've checked Settings for Facebook, YouTube, ( I have the YouTube App) and have deleted the Facebook App twice and reinstalled it, cold booted my iPad 3 times but still silence... I've searched here too. I have even made certain my volume is turned up when on Facebook...

It's the same if the YouTube clip is linked to another site that has a YouTube imbedded or if the clip is directly off YouTube. I've asked my engineer friends on Facebook and they have no idea, however if they upload a clip directly onto Facebook it plays with sound ok. Likewise if the clip is on Vimeo or Wimp, there's always audio... It's as if a present Facebook App Update has become borked or something or is there some Politics going?

To view the YouTube clip link to Facebook I have to now open the YouTube App, search for it and it will always play audio with video fine that way. So... What am I missing please. As always, thank you in advance...

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iOS7 iPad4 and use Facebook to catchup with engineer friends who tend to post links out to a YouTube video. There has never been any problem but in the last 4 days all linking to a YouTube through Facebook 100% ensures NO SOUND as the video plays down. I've checked Settings for Facebook, YouTube, ( I have the YouTube App) and have deleted the Facebook App twice and reinstalled it, cold booted my iPad 3 times but still silence... I've searched here too. I have even made certain my volume is turned up when on Facebook...

It's the same if the YouTube clip is linked to another site that has a YouTube imbedded or if the clip is directly off YouTube. I've asked my engineer friends on Facebook and they have no idea, however if they upload a clip directly onto Facebook it plays with sound ok. Likewise if the clip is on Vimeo or Wimp, there's always audio... It's as if a present Facebook App Update has become borked or something or is there some Politics going?

To view the YouTube clip link to Facebook I have to now open the YouTube App, search for it and it will always play audio with video fine that way. So... What am I missing please. As always, thank you in advance...

G'day Morris. A simplistic suggestion, I know, and apologies if you are aware of this. But have you checked your mute button (next to the sound toggle switch on the side of the iPad?) If that is showing red you have set your iPad to mute. Slide that switch to un-mute.
The only other suggestion I have is: when you are in the page where that video plays down silently, tap the box with the arrow going through it up top to get the "Open in Safari" option. Tap on that and you may be able to activate that YouTube link via Safari. Sorry, that's the best I can manage as I don't use FB.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts