Europeans unite! 25.03. Ipad 2 preorder, shipping, local purchasing...

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Lifet1me, Mar 16, 2011.

1. plymouthred

plymouthred
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That link shows no stock but what you do is keep it open on your screen, tell it to alert you when stock become available (you can even select different iPad 2 versions) and it gives off an awful alarm but it does alert you trust me :D

John Lewis had at least 50 available yesterday afternoon in all different guises so did Comet but not sure how many the latter had in.......

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    awesome one! good on you :)

3. NickHillUK

NickHillUK
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well I never.....

Just wanted to say a great big THANK-YOU to you, plymouthred.

I was very dubious about the stock link you posted, but I favourit-ed it anyway. I only remembered to look at it yesterday morning and lo and behold it told me there was stock with Tesco Direct. So, still sceptical I placed an order for the unit I wanted and waited for the timeout, out of stock message or other. Nothing.

So I looked again today to check the order status, expecting a 'sorry no stock' message or something. Imagine my surprise when the status said 'delivered'. Just checked with her-indoors, and indeed, my shiny new ipad 2 is sitting at home waiting for me. Also, despite next day delivery before lunchtime, the postage was free.

Proper result!!!

I suggest anyone with a long term delivery quote from the apple store gives this a go, it really does work.

4. plymouthred

plymouthred
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you Nik for the message. Enjoy your new beast. Being none Apple before and vowed to buy an Android Tablet I can honestly say that I have made the right choice :)

5. plymouthred

plymouthred
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    PS Don't forget to cancel your Apple order ;)

Sent from my White 32gb Wifi & 3g iPad 2 using iPF

6. NickHillUK

NickHillUK
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    As soon as I knew the ipad was delivered :D

By the way, anyone reading in the UK - Tesco Direct got a load more stock today of all the models, just about.