Wary about the Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Khenic, Apr 6, 2011.

1. youngun

youngun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    600HD channels on your ipad or tv? Whats SlingBox?

Sorry I'm true iPad noob!

2. Dorje

Dorje
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    [ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&client=safari&sa=X&ei=evKcTY-qA4bmsQOk1fXqDg&ved=0CCkQBSgA&q=slingbox]slingbox - Google Search[/ame]

Basically a DVR (digital video recorder) that can stream it's contents to you over the Internet. In effect it creates your own personal on demand service.

3. TC93

TC93
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    From my experience using that swifter program, it's really bad. Everything is very laggy and unusable with it. I haven't tried skyfire yet

4. Khenic

Khenic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, see this isn't encouraging.

5. TC93

TC93
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Websites like YouTube seem to play flash videos just fine, even in the safari browser. It's that swifter program that is laggy.

But it's only certain sites that you can play flash video. Dailymotion.com videos play fine also with safari. I don't know if they are doing something different than normal flash or what.

6. TC93

TC93
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm very new to the iPad, so I could be wrong also. That swifter app is very crippled and limits you to only 60seconds unless you buy it,so it's very hard to even test. The Daily Show website did seem to play when I tried, but others would know more than me about this. Scrolling web pages with the iswifter app is annoying for me.

7. Khenic

Khenic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think I'd be ok with that, I think, as long as I could stream flash from comedy central I'd be a happy person.

It's too bad that right now I can't even buy an iPad 2 since my local Best Buy hasn't had stock for almost a week and I can't reserve, rediculous!

8. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My Two Cents

I had not desire WHATSOEVER to purchase the original iPad. In fact, I thought it was just plain silly, and a waste of good hard earned money. Then I caught the "iPad2 Bug" and what a BITE that was! After having every version of the iPhone, this iPad is AMAZING. I understand your concerns, but keep in mind; Apple is a company that stands behind their product 100%, so if you experience issues, they will not hesitate to make it right for you. I received my iPad last Friday and I have been doing the "happy dance." Why settle for less, when you can have the BEST?!?!:)

9. Spongebob

Spongebob
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I came across the Ipad after toying with my brother's Ipad at Xmas time. That led me to get one for Xmas. Following the release of the Ipad2, I donated my old one to my nephew and got the white 32. As posted in another topic, that one dropped and cracked the screen. Picked up a 64gb and started my Amex protection claim. Bored, I went to the Apple store and showed it to them. They are replacing it free of charge calling it a stress crack in plastic under the glass.

Apple has always been great with customer service. The complete opposite of Dell. This is partly why I have multiple Ipods and now Ipads and an Iphone. When funds allow, I will get a macbook as well.

Something new is always around the corner, so why wait...

10. youngun

youngun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting pulled more and more towards the ipad 2.........