What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Europeans unite! 25.03. Ipad 2 preorder, shipping, local purchasing...

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not give up hope of getting one early.

I used this link yesterday and my new iPad 2 32gb 3g will be with me before 1200 today :D

iPad Stock

Good luck :)

hehehe, no stock of anything anywhere

majura - how did you get on mate?

That link shows no stock but what you do is keep it open on your screen, tell it to alert you when stock become available (you can even select different iPad 2 versions) and it gives off an awful alarm but it does alert you trust me :D

John Lewis had at least 50 available yesterday afternoon in all different guises so did Comet but not sure how many the latter had in.......

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Luck!

My reseller here in Berlin got stock. They had no wi-fi versions so I ended up with a 32GB wi-fi 3G in black :) I don't really have a need for the 3G, but to be honest, I can see myself using it and it's far better than waiting!

Now just getting everything set up etc.

awesome one! good on you :)

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I never.....

Just wanted to say a great big THANK-YOU to you, plymouthred.

I was very dubious about the stock link you posted, but I favourit-ed it anyway. I only remembered to look at it yesterday morning and lo and behold it told me there was stock with Tesco Direct. So, still sceptical I placed an order for the unit I wanted and waited for the timeout, out of stock message or other. Nothing.

So I looked again today to check the order status, expecting a 'sorry no stock' message or something. Imagine my surprise when the status said 'delivered'. Just checked with her-indoors, and indeed, my shiny new ipad 2 is sitting at home waiting for me. Also, despite next day delivery before lunchtime, the postage was free.

Proper result!!!

I suggest anyone with a long term delivery quote from the apple store gives this a go, it really does work.

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Nik for the message. Enjoy your new beast. Being none Apple before and vowed to buy an Android Tablet I can honestly say that I have made the right choice :)

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:
Just wanted to say a great big THANK-YOU to you, plymouthred.

I was very dubious about the stock link you posted, but I favourit-ed it anyway. I only remembered to look at it yesterday morning and lo and behold it told me there was stock with Tesco Direct. So, still sceptical I placed an order for the unit I wanted and waited for the timeout, out of stock message or other. Nothing.

So I looked again today to check the order status, expecting a 'sorry no stock' message or something. Imagine my surprise when the status said 'delivered'. Just checked with her-indoors, and indeed, my shiny new ipad 2 is sitting at home waiting for me. Also, despite next day delivery before lunchtime, the postage was free.

Proper result!!!

I suggest anyone with a long term delivery quote from the apple store gives this a go, it really does work.

PS Don't forget to cancel your Apple order ;)

Sent from my White 32gb Wifi & 3g iPad 2 using iPF

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS Don't forget to cancel your Apple order ;)

Sent from my White 32gb Wifi & 3g iPad 2 using iPF

As soon as I knew the ipad was delivered :D

By the way, anyone reading in the UK - Tesco Direct got a load more stock today of all the models, just about.

Most reactions