What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email reply

jimfastcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did a search here and Google, apologies if somewhere here already

My new iPad received email OK, but asks for password when I try and reply even though passoword is already entered. Please advise if I am \
doing something wrong ?

Appreciated !

Mudali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
creative-writers.net

In order to maximize your potential and income from blog writing online, you need to learn the right strategy, especially if you are bogging for business.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did a search here and Google, apologies if somewhere here already

My new iPad received email OK, but asks for password when I try and reply even though passoword is already entered. Please advise if I am \
doing something wrong ?

Appreciated !

What is your outgoing SMTP port number set to? Is it set to the default 25? Some ISPs won't accept this. If you have an email account on another machine that is working OK, check the account settings and see what the port number is set to. If it's not 25 then go to 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars', 'Accounts', choose the account that there's a problem with, 'SMTP', 'Primary Server', and then edit the Port Number to whatever is used by your email service provider.

If you don't have another email account (and therefore can't find the relevant port number) you could try the lesser-used SMTP port number of 587 or perhaps contact your ISP.

I hope this helps but, if it doesn't, post another message and I'm sure more experienced and knowledgeable Forum members will have some other suggestions.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts