What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

changing password for internet access (strange situation)

USMousie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok this is a little weird. I hope someone can help. This is an ipad 1.

When we first entered the password for our internet connection, we entered the wrong password. It might be something we had used once before on the system, though I'm not sure how. Anyway it actually accepted the incorrect password (it didn't accept a bunch of other tries) and I can access my email, but I can't get online in any other way.

I do not know if I would have been able to access my email before we connected to our connection at all. It was using or trying to use someone else's unlocked internet account.

What I need to do is to have it ask me again what the password is for my internet connection. It thinks it knows the right password and it no longer asks for it. It "connects" automatically. But it isn't successful in getting me online. If I wanted to connect to another locked internet connection, it would ask me for the password. But I can't get it to ask me for the password for our connection because it is quite sure that it already knows it.

I hope someone can help me. Please!!!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Go into settings and forget the network. Next time you try to connect it will ask you forthe password.

OP
U

USMousie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok that was a cool thing to do... thank you very much... it *did* let me enter the other password.. but it still does not connect to the Internet. I know the connection is good because I am connected right here on my computer. I know the ipad is capable of connection because it worked great at my mom's house. Darn darn darn! What do you think?

OP
U

USMousie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey it worked! I had to forget the network again-- it had gone to that stupid cisco network page (I will never understand this dang system)-- then I entered the password again- and I'm online.

I love you!! Now if you could just help me figure out my dang imovie I'd be all set.. annoying afternoon... oh well, have to find another forum for that!

Most reactions

Latest posts