What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email (ios5) vs emptiness

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I receive a standard size photo via my Ipad Ios5 email system, the message seems complete with the signature and all ...except for the photo that is missing. After a few tests sending myself photos, I discovered that if you wait long anough ( sometimes a whole day .. I know it sound silly but ...) occasionally the photo suddently may appears. I also made tests where I never saw the photo.
Does someone have any clue as to what is going on with that problem. It really makes no sense to wait that long for the photo to appear or even wait forever.
Any suggestions that would solve that problem would be much appreciated.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really ! Not another person has had problems viewing a received photo in their ios5 email system !

Unbelievable ! .... Where are the experts ! ... Unless the ios5 I received is unique !

Thanks anyway to all the hundreds who visited this link.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, please understand that having 100s of views on a post does not mean that those 100s of people can post a response. The forum software records post views, but we have a lot of visitors that can only view posts. If they are not registered, they cannot respond.

And, it's been less than 24 hours since your post. This is an international forum. Some people may have not even seen your post. Usually, it's best to wait for a day or two, which ensures that everyone gets a chance to read your post.

Now, about your question: When you receive the photo, does the attachment have a solid or a dotted line around it? Sometimes, the file is big and the iPad will not automatically download it. You have to press on the image to have it fully downloaded. Have you tried to press on the image?

I've not come across this problem myself, and I am running iOS 5.0.1. But hopefully, someone else will be along to add their help.

Marilyn

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Also, you must respect the fact that peeps aren't actually obliged to respond either if they wish not to :)

Sending myself camera roll phots works and is instantaneous. Perhaps your ISP is giving you grief over a petty issue somewhere down the line?

Last edited:
OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for having taken the time to respond . It was much appreciated.
----------------
And no there is no dotted or solid lines showing. It's simple blank.
I suppose I can live with it. I will simply use another way to transfer my photos.
Thanks again for your replies.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This has happened to me occasionally. Don't know why. I think it may have something to do with wifi in that if my 3 daughters are all on their computers downloading then I just have to wait.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has happened to me occasionally. Don't know why. I think it may have something to do with wifi in that if my 3 daughters are all on their computers downloading then I just have to wait.

---------------
I am all alone on the wifi and I made tests after tests with the same result : first the message arrives ok but with the photo portion empty and after a long wait sometimes 2hours, the image finally appears. Very mysterious !
That must be a glitch of ios5 on an Ipad1. No problems on my Ipad2.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2. I'm still on 5.0.0 Mine can have the photo and I'll go back to it and it will be gone sometimes. Doesn't worry me. But it is unusual, I just thought it was my wifi, now I'm wondering!

Most reactions

Latest posts