What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E number

DavidG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my names David im new to ipad, i have an ipad one, it was jail broke, but did not find it worth the jail break, it has since been restored. the latest update has been put on. A computer analyst and programer friend, told me that each iPad comes with it's own E number and when it has been jail broke this E number is erased Can can not be restored, so should it break or need repair under warranty, it become invalid. can anyone confirm if this is true, many thanks.

David

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Um, no, your friend is either confused or is pulling your leg.

When an iPad is restored to stock, it is as if it comes fresh from the box. All evidence of the jail break is gone; it's as if it never happened. Then, if need be, it can be taken to Apple with no hassle.

Marilyn

H

hazi1610

Mickey330 said:
Um, no, your friend is either confused or is pulling your leg.

When an iPad is restored to stock, it is as if it comes fresh from the box. All evidence of the jail break is gone; it's as if it never happened. Then, if need be, it can be taken to Apple with no hassle.

Marilyn

See Dave, I told ya so! :p

From Alison, Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
D

DavidG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks for answering my question, can sleep safe now.lol

Most reactions

Latest posts