What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E mail

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Europe. I have wi fi. I can,t receive mail on my me.com account but I can send. Any ideas? I have tried to go to me.com and doit that way, but it won,t let me sign in. Tells me I need a paid membership which of course I already have.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Europe. I have wi fi. I can,t receive mail on my me.com account but I can send. Any ideas? I have tried to go to me.com and doit that way, but it won,t let me sign in. Tells me I need a paid membership which of course I already have.

Does your iPad provide you with an error message? I'm wondering what actually happens when you try to receive email?

One possible quick suggestion - it probably won't work, but it does sometimes, is to completely close the Mail app. Double-click to Home button to open up the multitask bar. Press and hold any icon in the multi-task area until they start to jiggle. Now close the Mail app completely by touching the 'X' on the top left hand corner. Now press the Home key again to close the multi-task bar and try again. If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more suggestions.

Good Luck...and enjoy Europe....

Tim

OP
G

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Does your iPad provide you with an error message? I'm wondering what actually happens when you try to receive email?

One possible quick suggestion - it probably won't work, but it does sometimes, is to completely close the Mail app. Double-click to Home button to open up the multitask bar. Press and hold any icon in the multi-task area until they start to jiggle. Now close the Mail app completely by touching the 'X' on the top left hand corner. Now press the Home key again to close the multi-task bar and try again. If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more suggestions.

Tim

Hi Tim
The mail icon cannot be closed. There is no X on the top of this or any of the apps such as Safari, Calendar etc.

This is especially annoying as I am in fact working! I have a conference group aboard a riverboat!

Thanks
B.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Hi Tim
The mail icon cannot be closed. There is no X on the top of this or any of the apps such as Safari, Calendar etc.

This is especially annoying as I am in fact working! I have a conference group aboard a riverboat!

Thanks
B.

You're pressing and holding an app icon in the multi-task bar? You have to press it for a couple of seconds. What happens?

Tim

OP
G

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I just tried it again. It comes up with a minus sign, not an X. I did this and reopened mail but with no luck. If I could get into my mail through me.com that would be fine but as I said, that won't work either..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - sorry, yes it's a '-' sign.

Back to one of the questions I asked earlier. What actually happens when you try to receive mail? What error message do you get? Does it hang when you try to receive mail by pressing the 'refresh' button in the iPad's Mail app (the circular arrow symbol that's towards the bottom left hand edge of the screen)?

Tim

OP
G

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't a message - it just hangs. If I try to refresh the wheel just keeps on turning!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't a message - it just hangs. If I try to refresh the wheel just keeps on turning!

OK - you can tell I'm stalling for time :D

You were able to receive emails on me.com until you went away and now, since you went away, the problem has started and you've not changed any settings in email, no passwords, account names etc? I'm truly puzzled because it's usually the case that Members have problems when they're away sending mail and not receiving it...

Could you tell me your me.com settings? (please, of course, no account names or passwords), I'm looking for POP or IMAP, port numbers etc....

Sorry it's taking so long - but (for me) the hardest problems are the most interesting....

Tim

OP
G

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Tim
I am having a brain freeze! Where do I find my me.com settings?

OP
G

grungetta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.S.
I was able to receive in Zurich, but not since then.
Bridget

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Tim
I am having a brain freeze! Where do I find my me.com settings?

No problem - I have that all the time..

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' -> choose the appropriate account, then tell me everything that's there - but, please, no account names, passwords, no confidential stuff...

Don't worry - we'll get it fixed..

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and choose your MobileMe account. These are the settings Tim wanted, but since the set up is automatic I recommend simply deleting the account and adding it again.

If that does not work consider calling Apple Tech support. It sounds like you need a fix now, and they should be able to sort it out faster than we can.

Edit: Oops, did't read the whole thread (missed that there was a second page) so some of this is redundant.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts