What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail problem

marigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I've just joined IPF and have been searching for a thread that addresses my problem. I have an iPad 1, 64, WiFi &3g. ( I love it!) here's the problem: when I send a message from my default e-mail account, the person receiving the message sees a totally different e-mail address-another one of my e-mail accounts- in the "from" line. Thus replies go to that address, which I don't check frequently. (guess I will now!). Can anyone help? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and make sure your default email account is set correctly.

If that does not help, let us know what kind of email account you're primary and secondary accounts are. We might be able to make a better guess based on that.

OP
M

marigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have four e-mail accounts set up on my iPad: Verizon, Yahoo, Hotmail and G-Mail. (plus iCloud) I have Verizon set as my default account; it's my primary account- and have deleted the GMail account, but replies are still going to G Mail! I've even done a reset- to no avail!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to the GMail website and going through the settings. It is possible to set up GMail to access other accounts and automatically fetch mail, and even change the from address (if I remember right). From your description, this seems unlikely to be the cause; but it is all I can think of at the moment.

I don't know what Verizon mail can do, but you should probably check the settings on that site too.

Deleting and re-adding your Verizon account on the iPad might be worth trying as well. Don't forget to change the Default mail account back when done.

OP
M

marigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried both...no luck! But thanks for the suggestions...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of doing is going through each of your account's advanced settings. Check the SMTP settings. Most of them will have the option to use alternate SMTP servers if the primary fails. Turn this off and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure this should not do anything, but I can't think of any other tricks to try at the moment.

OP
M

marigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the suggestion...I'll see what happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts