What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD to Ipad (new model)

Christina1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this forum so hope I'm posting ok!

I recently got a 'new Ipad' and I would like to transfer DVD's onto it. I have googled how to do it but I'm still unsure what I should use, so I'm after some personal recommendations and exactly how to do it - step by step if possible. Another problem I have is the DVD's are protected...

Thanks in advance :)

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What i did was ripping all DVDs using Mac DVDripper Pro to my Mac (If you have a PC there are tons of similar softwares out there)
Next i converted the files with Handbrake using the AppleTV2 preset (It´s free and available for Mac and PC).
Last i imported them into the iTunes library and synced the movies with my iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am doing this right now. I downloaded HandBrake and the first DVD I tried was protected so it prompted me to download another programme so now it does the whole thing with me only having to start HandBrake. As said above there are presets built into HandBrake so that you can choose your device and it will optimise the output for you.

The Archangel

OP
C

Christina1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks i've tried handbreak and the quality wasn't good
what programme did you download to take protection off?
Sorry I'd rather use one that someone has mentioned

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quality looks good, you need to get the right setting, the default setting is OK'ish but I wanted a much higher quality output......which I now seem to have.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm converting them for my HD TV, streaming to my iPad is secondary but I guess the ATV 2 setting may work best for you.

EDIT: The reason I say that is the iPad setting is probably for the earlier model although I can't be certain of this.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been converting DVD's all afternoon with no problem at all, using different settings to judge what I was after and everyone came out fine so something else appears to be wrong.

The Archangel

Most reactions