What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd's to ipad

stutally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently got an iPad and I really want to use it to watch my DVD collection. I know people have asked this before and I have tried to do it with a converter called 'handbreak',that everyone is recommending, But it's taking about 10 hours to convert a DVD to mp4 format !! Now I'm not a tech geek,but isn't this a bit too long.......lol
I really want to get this right because I have 4 kids that always take over the tv,so it would be great to have my film collection on my iPad.
Thanks in advance :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I speed up the process by ripping using DVD shrink, then converting the rip to ipad format using handbrake. the whole process takes me an average of around 30mins for a feature film

OP
stutally

stutally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that another programme for my laptop........sorry I'm no good at this sort of stuff :)
Fancy doing me an idiots guide.....lol

ding2chanlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.dvd-to-iphone4.com
There is an iPad preset in handbrake.
When ripping DVD with handbrake, you'd better close any unnecessary tasks in your computer.
I have had successful experience with handbrake. It took about 1 hour for ripping a 4.7GB DVD movie to iPad preset.
There is also other programs to rip DVD for iPad. ie

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts