What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox Probems

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To all,

I've had the Dropbox app for the iPad for a little less than a year. Up until now, it's been great! But recently, it's been taking a long time to start up once you tap on it. And many times it crashes just before it starts up. This seems to have started right after their latest update. I'm waiting for them to come out with a version that fixes these problems. But can anyone tell me of a good alternative to Dropbox just in case? Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I've got no problems with the app [running version 1.5.3 on an iPad3 (iOS 5.1.1)].

Have you tried a restart or a reset of the iPad? Or, try deleting and then re-installing the Dropbox app again?

I know, I know - it doesn't help you to be told this, but I thought that I'd throw out there the fact that my Dropbox app works fine. Maybe a quick e-mail to the developer to report your problems might be in order...?

Sorry.

Marilyn

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is working fine as well, thank goodness because I would be lost without it. I am sorry you are having problems.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cdf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had DropBox crash once on me lately.
Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
iFiles is a good alternative. It's a paid app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Huh. I've got no problems with the app [running version 1.5.3 on an iPad3 (iOS 5.1.1)].

Have you tried a restart or a reset of the iPad? Or, try deleting and then re-installing the Dropbox app again?

I know, I know - it doesn't help you to be told this, but I thought that I'd throw out there the fact that my Dropbox app works fine. Maybe a quick e-mail to the developer to report your problems might be in order...?

Sorry.

Marilyn

Your advice worked great! I was so focused on finding a complex solution that I forgot about the simple one. I deleted/re-installed the app and it works just fine. Thanks for your help. And thanks to everyone else too.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it's all sorted. And, thanks for the update; it's always good to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts