What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox size increases ~ Why?

vadimkolchev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, unlink and login again) works without reinstallation. Also worked for me with Facebook app.

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no need to reinstall Dropbox to clear cache - it is enough to logout and login again and the size should decrease. Mind that starred items are always kept in cache. Found this solution suddenly)) and I think it is more acceptable than reinstallation.

Yes, sorry, unlink and login again) works without reinstallation. Also worked for me with Facebook app.
Absolutely BRILLIANT. Nice one..... This TOTALLY solved my issue immediately.

Just before I tried your method I checked the usage size of Dropbox and noted it stood at 1.8GB and growing.
After unlinking then re logging back into Dropbox I again went back to Settings and found instead of reading 1.8GB it was now 1.6MB
That is a HUGE reduction and I shall be doing this trick once a month.

Thanks, appreciated. :)

vadimkolchev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are welcome! As far as I know Dropbox is not supposed to have clear cache button, but instead it has to clear cache automatically when unloading it from memory, however it is not happening and it seems to be a bug in the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts