What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop Box "Open In" question

gcaruthers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use dropbox for my files. While traveling I want to use my Ipad to modify/create new files. Is there an app that will "OPEN" the file, allow me to modify the file and save it back directly to my dropbox without having to go to the trouble of emailing it to myself. I really want this little guy to act like my computer!

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there are apps that allow you to do as you describe. The problem is - there are a lot (!) ... and different ones may do different things.

So, can you specify what type of documents you wish to edit? That way, you can help us narrow down our suggestions to fit your specific requirements.

Marilyn

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
QuickEdit is an "office" like app which can create/open/edit/save to dropbox.

I use it a lot and have found it very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I typically edit in word/excel/powerpoint

For whatever reason, the Microsoft apps don't have native support for DropBox. They also seem to be missing the Open In sharing options available in most other apps. {not 100% sure on this, since I'm not an Office 365 subscriber}

My guess is that they really, really want you to use their OneDrive solution instead.

While you can't send/copy a file directly to DropBox, you should be able to open one by using the Open In feature in the DropBox app to open it in the Microsoft app.

Most reactions

Latest posts