What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop Box and Excel Files

cuencageek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At work I use a PC and Excel. I would like to drop my Excel files into DropBox and then at Home open those files using an App on my IPad to change the files and then deposit those change files back to DropBox so I can use them on my PC.

Possible? App suggestion?

Thanks,

CuencaGeek

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do that using the numbers app . When you want to open the excel file in Dropbox, you just tell it to open in numbers.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are behind, download the iCloud control panel for PC on you computer, turn on iCloud on the iPad. At the end of your work session just upload to iCloud and it will be on your iPad. Finish work on the iPad and when you get to work just log in the iCloud on the web and download your doc. It's easy after you get everything set up.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Each option above works. They're basically the same cloud storage approach, one from Dropbox, one from Apple. The more critical question is what program you use to manipulate the spreadsheet on the iPad. Depending upon the size and complexity of the Excel spreadsheets you may find either Numbers (the Apple product), Documents to Go, QuickOffice HD, etc. to meet your needs best. None is a perfect match to Excel so you may have to experiment to determine which best meets your needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts