What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading books from an elibrary

Jackiemad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to download a borrowed book from my library and it asks me to download Adobe...but then when I try download, it says it is not capatible with my device.
I am very new to this ipad and apple...help!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to download Adobe eBooks application onto your pc, this allows you to view books with DRM (Digital Rights Management) which is how the libraries keep you from allowing other people to use the book on their computers or iPads. You download the application, install it on your PC, sign up for the library service with you local library and download the books to your computer and then transfer them to you iPad. The Bluefire Reader is the app on the iPad, that the eBook is sent to, so you can read it. Your book will expire in 21 days, usually, depending on the library. You can renew if you want, just like a real book.

Most reactions

Latest posts