What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download ipad update problem

Luketaytay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ive been trying to download the new ipad update ALL DAY. Each time it has .1 megabytes to go and then it says someething about a network connection timed out. My internets perfectly fine as you can see sence your reading this post on the internet. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixs?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, same thing happening to me. It's also saying about a disk full. I'm on my last ten minutes For the second time and see what happens.

pakan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first - sorry for my English.
I think the problem is with your antivirus software. I have the same error (time out internet connection when finish download update) but when I close antivirus NOD32 everything is ok, now I have 4.2 OS in my Ipad. Try this :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try downloading via bittorrent. If you don't have it might I suggest uTorrent as it's small, fast and free.

When the file is downloaded, fire up iTunes and when it offers to download the update refuse, just hold down the option key and click on update. It will then ask for the file to use. Point it at the right one and let it do it's stuff. When it's done the iPad will restart and resync.

Gjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pakan,
Thanks for your input, I have been trying to rectify this problem for 3 days without resolve, your advice has been great
Thanks Gjay

Cajun dancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is frozen

After being unable to download the latest iPad upgrade (ios 4.3), my iPad is now frozen with a picture of the USB cord and the I-Tunes logo. I cannot turn it off, or on and I cannot restore it to factory settings (error 3014). I called support and was told that the security firewall was preventing connection with Apple. My security software is AVG and I cannot figure out how to disable the software.

Why didn't Apple state that firewalls have to be disabled before uploading the latest software? I am upset.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After being unable to download the latest iPad upgrade (ios 4.3), my iPad is now frozen with a picture of the USB cord and the I-Tunes logo. I cannot turn it off, or on and I cannot restore it to factory settings (error 3014). I called support and was told that the security firewall was preventing connection with Apple. My security software is AVG and I cannot figure out how to disable the software.

Why didn't Apple state that firewalls have to be disabled before uploading the latest software? I am upset.

OK, I have had same problem in London today. Went on pc for my weekly sync and was told there was an apple upgrade ready. I set it off and it immediately told me it would take 3-4 hours!
That sent alarm bells ringing as was not expecting such a long time.

When I returned it had crashed and would not come back on, just the lead and logo as you got above, then it told me on pc to reset the whol ething and that data would be lost. Not a happy bunny me.

After calling tech desk they just say its an error with the upgrade downloading and that is it, that is it! Ned to reset to factory settings.

So I tried this and that failed too, as you found.

So have appt. with apple store tomorrow morning and will be asking for money back (4 months old). I think this reconditioned one they stuck me with will always be trouble. Lost faith. I cant be putting in so much data to have it just fail...and all my ipad calendar entries will be gone as never had it backed onto google yet , aaaarrrrggghhhhh.

S

jerryrogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my PC. I was able to download and save on my PC, but don't know how to have the update command ask me for the location!

PC doesn't have an Option button, and Alt doesn't seem to work.

HELP,

jerryrogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my PC. I was able to download and save on my PC, but don't know how to have the update command ask me for the location!

PC doesn't have an Option button, and Alt doesn't seem to work.

HELP,

Cajun dancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

My IS department staff sent me a website to disable my security software, and I was then able to restore the iPad to the original factory setting. Since I had backed up everything on my computer into iTunes before the upgrade, I was able to retrieve and restore all of my Apps, music, etc. My iPad is working beautifully. Now my husband can play Angry Birds and not be angry with me. :)

Next time there is an upgrade, believe me, I will disable the security software first. If anyone has AVG, disable only the Resident Shield and the download should be no problem.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cajun dancer said:
My IS department staff sent me a website to disable my security software, and I was then able to restore the iPad to the original factory setting. Since I had backed up everything on my computer into iTunes before the upgrade, I was able to retrieve and restore all of my Apps, music, etc. My iPad is working beautifully. Now my husband can play Angry Birds and not be angry with me. :)

Next time there is an upgrade, believe me, I will disable the security software first. If anyone has AVG, disable only the Resident Shield and the download should be no problem.

BRILLIANT, YOU BEAUTY :eek:)

I saw this and as a very last resort before heading to my apple store Genius meeting/fight I turned OFF my McAfee firewall. Then it connected up and began working. Then I was able to restore EVERYTHING to how it was. Lost NOTHING at all, WOW.

So I will turn off firewall for every apple download uodate.

Thanks again for this tip which even apple helpline dont mention....

Have a few qs to ask, but will start new thread.

S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dougayers1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update and timed-out

Just as many of the previous users have noticed, iPad and iPod upgrades time out unless you disable the security-anti virrus software. I have Kaspersky and once I disabled the software, shut down the computer and then rebooted - the upgrades downloaded and installed flawlessly.

Andy Dwyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue, have tried 4/5 times to download 4.3 to ipad with no joy and my ipad freezes with the cable on the screen.
I get it out of recovery with the "tiny umbrella" down load (go to site, download mac or pc version, when ipad is in recovery open tiny umbrella and hit device on left, hit exit recovery on top right) ipad should be back to normal.
I know this doesn't resolve download issue but it does get you out or recovery every time.
I've given up trying the 4.3 download.

Mb3473

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as many of the previous users have noticed, iPad and iPod upgrades time out unless you disable the security-anti virrus software. I have Kaspersky and once I disabled the software, shut down the computer and then rebooted - the upgrades downloaded and installed flawlessly.

i have kaspersky as well........hope it works for me too

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to disable virus protection during update. It also helps to free up some disc space by cleaning unwanted files.

Most reactions

Latest posts