What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update problem

czsysz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a problem updating my ipad 2 from 4.3 to 4.3.1
After finishing downloading the file,it says"there was a problem downloading the software for the ipad ,the network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later".
can anyone help me to solve the problem?? T-T
Thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a problem updating my ipad 2 from 4.3 to 4.3.1
After finishing downloading the file,it says"there was a problem downloading the software for the ipad ,the network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later".
can anyone help me to solve the problem?? T-T
Thanks in advance.

Several members have had this problem - and got the exact same message as you. What state is your iPad in now? Did the upgrade, in fact, take place? Is it still working OK? Check to see what version of iOS the iPad is reporting in the 'Settings', 'General', 'About'

Tim
Scotland

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this message for my iPhone and iPod touch. You simply need to start it again and it should go.
The second time through it doesn't need to re download the entire file.
It happens when I was doing a restore. iTunes times out during the update or restore process if the download takes to long.

64GB 3G White iPad

Mickey7688

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took a while, but it did update just fine. (took about 30+ mins).

Sent from my iPad using iPF

YGB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem and it was driving me nuts.

The IOS 4.3 download would apparently complete and then I'd get the "network connection timed out" error, whether I was downloading and updating or simply downloading.

Having trawled the web for answers, I finally succeeded when I -

- connected the iPad to a USB port at the rear of my (Windows XP Dell) PC rather than the front.
- removed a Bluetooth USB dongle from the PC
- disabled Kaspersky Internet Security (2011) and
- did a download only

I then kicked off the install from iTunes and everything worked out. I can't be sure which action fixed the problem but I suspect it was disabling Internet security.

I hope this helps someone avoid the some of the frustration I was having....

Geoff
Melbourne

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man! i wish i had checked here first; was so frustrated when i ran into this problem; couldn't figure out why it was happening; read this thread, disabled kaspersky and boom, the download goes fine. thanks!

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
airhead said:
man! i wish i had checked here first; was so frustrated when i ran into this problem; couldn't figure out why it was happening; read this thread, disabled kaspersky and boom, the download goes fine. thanks!

Yep and on McAfee disable Fire wall first, then its all good.
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

clisss09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to this, so please bare with me.

can anyone help me to solve the problem?? i'm using an apple macbook i have also tried this on a windows pc.

kind regards

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did you read the post above yours? in my case, i simply needed to disable Kaspersky while the download takes place. i don't know what kind of anti-virus program you have or firewall, etc. that may be the problem... good luck and please post your results.

Most reactions

Latest posts