What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrade 4.2 to 3.2.2

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I have no problem jailbreak my 3.2.2 with limerain. However my wife bought a new iPad from the Malaysia apple store but it comes with 4.2 pre-installed. I know for now that there isn't any untethered method, so i m thinking of downgrading it to 3.2.2 like mine, is it possible?

I google and many sites that say we need to have SHSH saved, but since it's with 4.2 no way we can save the 3.2.2 SHSH.

Actually I messed up my own iPad jailbreak last time, which only give me the apple logo and nothing, so i try to restore it with 4.2 firmware, which surprising saved my iPad. Shortly after i downgrade to 3.2.2 n jailbreak it. But during the rescue process i did use tiny umbrella, of which maybe i did save my 3.2.2 SHSH but I couldn't remember, so I wanna know if it's possible to downgrade on my wife iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afraid you cannot downgrade your wifes iPad. You must have your own 3.2.2 SHSH's on file with Cydia which tinyumbrealla used to downgrade your iPad, but you cannot use these for your wife's as they are specific to the device.

OP
U

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm ok thanks I googled and it seems like untethered jailbreak for 4.2 should be release soon. I just realize today that my 3.2.2 iPad 3G function is not working after jailbreak with limerain. Any idea?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm ok thanks I googled and it seems like untethered jailbreak for 4.2 should be release soon. I just realize today that my 3.2.2 iPad 3G function is not working after jailbreak with limerain. Any idea?

I have 4.2.1 on my 3G iPad, so don't know if 3.2.2 has problems, sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts