What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digitimes Says iPad 2 Will Come in Three Different Versions

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

As the start of 2011 rapidly approaches, more and more iPad 2 rumours are surfacing, some more authentic sounding than others. Digitimes appears to have an iPad 2 story almost every day. MacStories reports today that Digitimes is now saying that Apple intends to launch three different versions of the iPad 2 in 2011, with Wi-Fi, CDMA and UMTS chips. Digitimes is saying that production of the models will start at the end of January 2011, with approximately 500,000 units ready to be shipped. According to the Digitimes story, because roughly 60-65% of iPads currently shipped are 3G models, Apple intends to offer customers even more choice in wireless solutions for the iPad 2.

Digitimes also says that Apple has been working on improving the iPad’s anti-smudge and anti-reflective coatings for the iPad 2, in order to make it even more competitive with the Kindle. In the past, Kindle adverts have highlighted the fact that the Kindle's screen is much easier to view in direct sunlight than the iPad's screen, due to the Kindle's superior anti-glare properties, so it makes sense that Apple would want to address this particular flaw when developing a second-generation iPad.

Source: MacStories: iPad 2 Rumors: Three Different Versions, Kindle-like Display

rong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I hope to re-sell mine on eBay when V2 comes out, too. I just got an iPad equipped with the TabGrip accessory recently, which is a pretty awesome product.

Most reactions