What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Shipping by the end of February 2011?

Free iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I'll play the devil's advocate here, and assume a lot of people (maybe most) will give serious thought to upgrading to a faster, lighter, better model that has new and improved features. It's easy enough to upgrade with a PC, so why not with an iPad?

Maybe, but maybe not... Will you be able to transfer all your apps & other items from one iPad to another? Will the iTunes program let you do that, or will you have to start over and buy all the apps again? What about all your Kindle books?

Upgrading with a PC is easy while your computer doesnt have obsolete technology in it. You can upgrade it by buying a part or two. With the iPad (Or any Apple product, for that matter), you have to get a whole new one.

Any manufactured phone, tablet ipad has to be replaced. In respect to Apple main computer products one can upgrade hard drives, video cards and memory in some cases add multiple internal drives as well for the masses in this world that is more than most people want to do only a very small number of users these days want to roll their own or change out mother boards etc. Most technology is out dated within 2 years any way and there is a point in time it is not cost effective to upgrade bits and pieces. Technology like the ipad etc are designed to be replaced

With iTunes back up the old and connect the new all can be transferred without problems one may need to remove the old device from the list on iTunes store but that is easy

I agree with all of this.

Thanks for pointing out my misleading words. Apple desktops CAN be upgraded a piece at a time.

Always deauthorize a device before you wipe or toss it. If you don't enough times, you will have to go through some unnecessary hassle to get some authorizations cleared, so you can have devices you currently have on the list.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just gotten an iPad, I'm hardly going to update in April. I have updated my iPhone every year, but that's not $500 (except for the first year). It's also the one device always with me. But I don't get a new computer every year. iPad is in that category to me. My main desktop is a Mac mini that is a good 3 years old at this point and I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon. I have an iMac as well that is a good 6-7 years old now too and it is used multiple times a week too.

ifans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my guess for the iPad 2: it is 7inch screen, and you can make a telephone call.

Jenifer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great, just few mins ago I read the news on some site, will share link in moments.

tkhoa87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it will come out next summer. Not so late until end of 2011 though. That follows Apple release cycle.

Most reactions

Latest posts