What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital camera video upload compatible?

franny02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Sony TX9 that does not support uploading movies directly to iPad2. I'm going on vacation and want this option. Does anyone know of a compact digital camera, that records in HD, that is able to upload videos directly to the iPad? Thanks.

srushj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS

Was looking for the exact same thing. Didn't want to do any conversions. I have the camera connect kit so i can either plug the camera directly to it or use just the SD card. This works GREAT!! Watch in the pictures. You CAN upload directly to your FB account BUT you can't watch it on FB.....needs flash, lol.

Hope that helps.

OP
F

franny02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks snrushj, I'll check it out, this is helpful. I have the camera connect too and works good with pics.

I wonder if with the Canon you have it would be possible to upload the videos to YouTube via iPad and then upload to FB?

srushj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I Need to clarify a bit. This is all within the standard PHOTO app that comes with the ipad 2. You can EMAIL the video to Your FB account with a special email addy from FB. There is no option within this app to send directly to YouTube. But I will check some of the photo apps i have to see if this is possible.

OP
F

franny02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the canon and the pictures are very nice quality. I am not able to view the videos. Are you able to view them directly on your ipad? Can you please explain what you meant by sending movies to Facebook? Thanks for any help. I'm going on a bucket list vacation to Italy and want to figure this out.

OP
F

franny02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's it! I took some video on an old camera and it worked. Thanks for the info.

Most reactions

Latest posts