What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

export photo and video off iPad

fishmasta89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i understand that i can use the camera connection kit to upload photos and video to my iPad directly from my camera, then edit them in iMovie, is there a way to then get the edited content off my iPad onto external storage?
my iPad is only 16g and does not have the storage i need for a weekend of photos and videos when i would be away from my computer and internet connection
thank you

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just yesterday installed PhotoTransferApp and successfully wi-fied photos from my iPad2 to my Windows PC. Am having trouble with videos but that's because I had trouble importing them into the iPad via the CCK. PhotoTransferApp has its own website (guess what it's called!) so you can see if it suits you.

OP
F

fishmasta89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue is that I will not have any Internet connection at all
I need to be able to do everything with direct connections

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Save it to the Camera Roll. Then you can connect it to your computer via the USB adaptor. It should show up as a USB drive on the computer. The video will be in some sub-folder int he DCIM folder. Just copy it to the computer, then go back to the iPad and delete iMovie version from the camera roll.

If you are using a Mac, the Image Capture program (stock) will let you copy the movie off the iPad.

Be sure you are happy with the movie before you delete the original video from the camera roll, or from iMovie. Deleting the original video clips from the camera roll will also remove them from iMovie's resources, breaking the iMovie project.

Edit: Sorry. I missed the part about not having a computer.

Last edited:

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take a look at a wireless hard drive, such as the Apple Time Capsule or Seagate GoFlex. You will be able to transfer files from the ipad without a computer.

Most reactions