1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

video capture for ipad's imovie

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Haly2k1, May 5, 2011.

1. Haly2k1

Haly2k1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems that the only video capture devices for iPad2 are the iPhone, the iPod Touch, and the iPad itself.
    I'd like to find an alternative video camera, either a small point and shoot or something like Flip video that will work natively, e.g., without having to go thru another computer, with the iPod such that I can edit the video with iPads iMovie.
    Flip cameras don't work; the video imports, shows a .avi files, and are greyed out.
    Sony's Bloggie isn't even recognized.
    My Lumix digital camera takes lovely video, but while stills import thru the CCK, the video isn't recognized.
    I will be traveling this summer in Italy and don't want to take my MBPro; and don't want to buy an iPhone just as a capture device.
    Any suggestions?
    Hal
  2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Look at the last couple pages...
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/21372-imovie-ipad2-can-only-edit-ipad-videos.html