What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flinthills, you are fun-n-ny. My husband tells to either read the book on Ipad or look it up on the net. Besides I don't like to wait, so I do it myself to learn even when it comes to my computer. We each have our own.

"If in doubt, find out."

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both iPad 1 and 2 were a gift from my aunt. Worth having an aunt like that. I never ask for anything. Better to wait.

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine, but of course it is never as simple as just thain my world.
My DH pretty much hates windows and I got so sick of him complaining so I bought him a Ipad2, which he loves.
I already owned an Itouch and Iphone, so I knew he would like the interface better.
We bought me a Android tablet, which my daughter fell in love with so I gave it to her. We then bought me a kindle fire which didn't do enough to suite me. So we bought me another android tablet and all of of sudden I decided I hated android;)
By then the Ipad3 was out so I bought that and never looked back:) Mine and my DH's wallets have thanked me for finally getting a tablet I am not willing to part with.

scarlet chic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought it as a gift for myself from my first job experience....and bought myself an iphone 4s 3 months after...lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't remember if I replied to this thread already as its been going a while lol bought it as a present to myself

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my Ipad 1 and then 3 years later gave it to my daughter and then bought myself a new Ipad 3 64GB LTE (4G).

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my 2 day of release from the Apple store an hour away. I stood in line(I was person #8 from the front) for 6 hours. Met some pretty cool people who had the Apple love(this was my only Apple product other than a shuffle). I had refused holiday gifts for a year to finance this purchase, so maybe it was sortof a gift and sortof a cash purchase? My hubs surprised me with an extra $200 as I got in the car to go, told me to get the best modeling the lineup.
I bought the white 64gb 3G Verizon model.

In May of this year, I saw how much other people are on their devices when they shouldn't be. At the park with their kids. During dinner with family. Walking. Driving. I wasn't like that, but I went thru this crisis idea of thinking maybe I should revert back to no mobile devices(geeze, I only had an iPad and shuffle!) and pay attention to the world around me.
So I sold my 2.

Well, I missed my nightly book reading on the Kindle app. I missed checking the weather before my morning run. I missed reading the news on the deck at sunset with a mojito. I noticed I took less pictures of my kids being silly or building something cool with Legos. I missed appointments because I hadn't written them down, it was so easy to put them on my calendar and forget them until my pad reminded me. Quick lookup of recipies for muffins when you don't have baking powder.
Just easy stuff.

So last Thursday, I bought a white 64gb 4g AT&T ipad3. Paid cash. Not a gift. Didn't scrimp & save for a year. Mama happy, everybody happy.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One gift and one purchase.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Neither gift nor purchase. I needed a new internet (Wifi), and also got the iPad 2, but only had to pay the installation of the internet. It was an offer I couldn't resist. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts