1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 as a gift?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by apfeltoyz, Sep 5, 2011.

1. apfeltoyz

apfeltoyz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a cool gadget for my boyfriend as a birthday present, and it seems like the coolest thing out there is an iPad 2. It looks to me that buying a brand new iPad (original) costs almost as much as the iPad 2. That said, I was *hoping* to spend closer to $300, instead of $500.

So, Apple friends, is the iPad 2 the coolest thing out there, or are there other fun things I'm not considering? (I know the iPhone 5 is coming out eventually, but would prefer something that's out now!) To all the males out there - what would be the best gift you could dream of receiving?

Thanks for any advice!
  2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I love my ipad 2 I use it everyday for music, movies, emails, surfing and now for all my fantasy football leagues. I never thought I could justify spending the money but it's also helped me a lot at work. If my girlfriend had gotten me an ipad 2 for a present I would put a ring on it. :) just my .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
  3. apfeltoyz

apfeltoyz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha awesome response :)
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Welcome to the forum - :)

OH MY! As I read the above (placed in bold), I had palpitations but won't go there - ;):D

The iPad2 is a LOT of fun and has numerous uses the more ones learns about the device & the software choices - you might want to tell us what your boyfriend already owns electronically, i.e. relative to computer(s), phone, and other such machines.

Plus not knowing his job or interests, some input there might help to convince you to buy him an iPad? Also remember that 'refurbished' iPads are less expensive and the threads here indicate that Apple backs these up quite well - so maybe some more info on your pal may be useful?

Good luck in your final decision! :)
  5. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    He will keep you forever if you do ;) but it might replace you! My iPad replaced my gf ;)
  6. tdmsu

tdmsu iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You should go for it. He will love it. Besides, if he doesn't like it, you can have it! ;)

My wife says she might buy me one for Christmas, so she can have my iPad1! :)
    I am a lucky, lucky man. Now, I must be off to our fantasy football draft (my wife has the #1 pick! I am stuck at #9)
  7. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    There are refurbished iPads now available as a previous poster mentioned that are a cost effective alternative to a new one. They are cosmetically indistinguishable from new and have the same warranty.

Tim