What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 as a gift?

apfeltoyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a cool gadget for my boyfriend as a birthday present, and it seems like the coolest thing out there is an iPad 2. It looks to me that buying a brand new iPad (original) costs almost as much as the iPad 2. That said, I was *hoping* to spend closer to $300, instead of $500.

So, Apple friends, is the iPad 2 the coolest thing out there, or are there other fun things I'm not considering? (I know the iPhone 5 is coming out eventually, but would prefer something that's out now!) To all the males out there - what would be the best gift you could dream of receiving?

Thanks for any advice!

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipad 2 I use it everyday for music, movies, emails, surfing and now for all my fantasy football leagues. I never thought I could justify spending the money but it's also helped me a lot at work. If my girlfriend had gotten me an ipad 2 for a present I would put a ring on it. :) just my .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy a cool gadget for my boyfriend as a birthday present, and it seems like the coolest thing out there is an iPad 2.....

...To all the males out there - what would be the best gift you could dream of receiving?

Welcome to the forum - :)

OH MY! As I read the above (placed in bold), I had palpitations but won't go there - ;):D

The iPad2 is a LOT of fun and has numerous uses the more ones learns about the device & the software choices - you might want to tell us what your boyfriend already owns electronically, i.e. relative to computer(s), phone, and other such machines.

Plus not knowing his job or interests, some input there might help to convince you to buy him an iPad? Also remember that 'refurbished' iPads are less expensive and the threads here indicate that Apple backs these up quite well - so maybe some more info on your pal may be useful?

Good luck in your final decision! :)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He will keep you forever if you do ;) but it might replace you! My iPad replaced my gf ;)

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should go for it. He will love it. Besides, if he doesn't like it, you can have it! ;)

My wife says she might buy me one for Christmas, so she can have my iPad1! :)
I am a lucky, lucky man. Now, I must be off to our fantasy football draft (my wife has the #1 pick! I am stuck at #9)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are refurbished iPads now available as a previous poster mentioned that are a cost effective alternative to a new one. They are cosmetically indistinguishable from new and have the same warranty.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts