What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted photos

paulharrison46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sorted my photos into other folder to be organised, then I deleted them from the main folder, only to find that it had also deleted them out of the other folders, please tell me there is a way of getting them back. what is the point of a function to create other folders for you to organise them if you have to keep them also in the main folder. I have only had the iPad a couple of week so i didnt know I needed to switched the photo stream on. Please tell me there is a way.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Not that I know of, if you have them on your computer, make a copy of them, sync, and then copy the photos back onto the ipad

OP
P

paulharrison46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wytey said:
Not that I know of, if you have them on your computer, make a copy of them, sync, and then copy the photos back onto the ipad

Thanks, but I took the photos with the iPad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you create folders and add photographs to them, you are merely storing a link to the photograph itself, which always stays in Camera Roll. If you delete the photograph you delete the link also.

You have already found this out the hard way. There is no recovery process for deleted photographs.

OP
P

paulharrison46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
When you create folders and add photographs to them, you are merely storing a link to the photograph itself, which always stays in Camera Roll. If you delete the photograph you delete the link also.

You have already found this out the hard way. There is no recovery process for deleted photographs.

Ok thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts