What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 photos

nzlowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I've inported all my photo's from my PC, trouble is the Ipad won't take the folder layout of the PC. It seams the Ipad can't have a folder inside a folder. I down loaded photo sort to arrange my photo so now I can put folders inside others, trouble is it's slow to resolve photo's. They load then take a couple of seconds to become clear.

Any other options to organise photo's??

I also have a question about how these photo's are stored on the Ipad. Are they all stored in one location where these third party apps can link to or does each app store the photo's that are linked to it?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the iPad each app has its own local and totally separate set of files. So modifying a photo in a third-party app will not change that photo in the iPad's native Photos app.

I am not certain about the folder structure in Photos, but I think you are correct that nested folders are not supported and you need to use a third party app for this. Hopefully you'll get some suggestions as I note you are not happy with the performance of Photo Sort. By the way, if you decide to move to another photo app, you can easily get a refund for Photo Sort or any other app that you don't want. Just 'phone the Apple Support line with the transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim
Hi all
I've inported all my photo's from my PC, trouble is the Ipad won't take the folder layout of the PC. It seams the Ipad can't have a folder inside a folder. I down loaded photo sort to arrange my photo so now I can put folders inside others, trouble is it's slow to resolve photo's. They load then take a couple of seconds to become clear.

Any other options to organise photo's??

I also have a question about how these photo's are stored on the Ipad. Are they all stored in one location where these third party apps can link to or does each app store the photo's that are linked to it?

Thanks

Most reactions